The Beginning...

Posted by Andy Lewis on Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Considering this is my first attempt at a blog, I figured it necessary to talk a little about myself so that everybody gets to know Andy, not just the stone wall faced, motivating trainer Andy. I’m originally from Richardson a suburb of Dallas, and I graduated from high school in 2006. Afterward, I came to the University of Texas in Austin. I am currently a junior and majoring in Kinesiology with a minor in Business. I am also in the Marine Corps, and upon graduation I will commission as a 2nd Lieutenant. I am looking forward to the adventures I will face in the Marine Corps but I am not looking to make the Marine Corps my profession. I would like to go back to school and get a masters and PhD in exercise physiology. Honestly nothing excites me more than learning about the complexities of the human body in motion. In the future I hope to utilize my knowledge of exercise physiology as either a professor or for proving the legitimacy of CrossFit.
This brings me to my next topic fitness. Since a young age I have been active in football, baseball, soccer, and basketball. I played football primarily throughout high school, pole vaulted during track season and I power lifted during the summer and off-season. I have competed in triathlons both Olympic distance and sprint distance, long distance running (5k, 10k, and 20k), and a few road bike races. I have been Crossfitting since June 2007 and I have never looked back. Starting in September 2008, I was the intern at CrossFit Central and starting at the end of January I was brought on as an assistant coach at CrossFit Central. My goals are to become a head trainer of both CrossFit indoor and boot camps here at CrossFit Central.
My goals of this blog are to give you insight on my training regimen, my thoughts on CrossFit and fitness in general, and to highlight my experiences as a coach at CrossFit Central. So make sure you tune in regularly because I plan on making this blog very insightful.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)